Student Success Tools for Beauty Industry
Student Success Tools
At Marinello Schools of Beauty, preparing our students for a career is the most important service we can offer; student success is our success. To achieve this, we provide cutting-edge career development tools and job search assistance.
- Career Connections Media and Student Activity Workbook:
Exclusive to Marinello Schools of Beauty, Career Connections media segments and student workbook get you career-ready. You will learn how to:
- Set and Accomplish Goals,
- Manage Finances,
- Job Search,
- Create a Resume,
- Interview Successfully,
- Provide Superior Customer Service, and
- Manage Your Business.
Our Career Connections series of fun videos and interactive student workbooks are aimed at building confidence to create a professional foundation for student career success.
- Industry In:Site 101 Top Beauty Careers: As a Marinello student, you will
receive a copy of Industry In:Site 101 Top Beauty Careers. This one-of-a-kind resource
guide lists 101 career opportunities within the beauty industry. The book is designed
to help you discover ways to develop your skills, utilize your talents and find
the right job for you in an industry that provides unlimited career growth!
- Milady Online State Board Test Preparation Software: Training beauty enthusiasts to become licensed professionals is the reason why we’re in business. As a student, you will have access to the Milady Online University, where you can prepare in advance to take the theory portion of your state exam.
- StyleSeat Social Network Site and Online Portfolio Management Tool: We partnered with StyleSeat, an online professional management tool and social networking site for beauty and wellness industry professionals. As a student, you will create an online portfolio, generate clientele and build a strong professional social media presence.
- First Chair Magazine: First Chair gives industry-related information, articles and tips for professional success. The magazine is a great source of information for active students and graduates – finally a magazine that will help you prepare for your future. Read our article!
- Career Connections Desktop and Employer Portal: Marinello’s Career Services team builds partnerships with local and national employers. Use our Career Connections’ desktop to access to multiple online employment applications from leading industry employers, build a resume, study for your state board on the milady test preparation software, sign up for StyleSeat, and take advantage of many other online services.
Our network of employers looks to Marinello to hire our students after they graduate.
"With the help of the job placement program at Marinello I got an assistant position at a very prestigious salon in San Diego."
- Adrianne R., Marinello San Diego Campus