Marinello Schools of Beauty in Portland, Oregon
|Portland Community College||705 N. Killingsworth||Portland||97217||(971) 722-5681|
|Mt. Hood Community College||26000 S.E. Stark St.||Gresham||97030||(503) 491-7592|
|PCC-Willow Creek Testing Center||241 SW Edgeway Dr.||Beaverton||97006||(971) 722-2750|
|N.W. Regional Education Svs. Dist.||5825 Northeast Ray Circle||Hillsboro||97124||(503) 614-1419|
|Clackamas Community College||19600 Molalla Ave.||Oregon City||97045||(503) 594-3283|
|Northwest Regional Educ. Serv. Dist. #1||800 Port Avenue||St. Helens||97051||(503) 366-4122|
|Estacada Community School||255 Northeast 6th Avenue||Estacada||97023||(503) 630-6871|
Welcome to Marinello Schools of Beauty – Portland, Oregon! Marinello Schools of Beauty have a 100-year-old history in training beauty professionals. Established in 1905,we’ve been serving the beauty industry by providing them with a steady stream of highly trained and qualified professionals for well over a century.
With over 60 schools spread across seven states, we’re the clear leaders when it comes to high quality beauty education.
Our cosmetology school in Portland, Oregon is nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, Inc. (NACCAS) and is also approved to operate in the state by the Oregon Department of Education.
If you need beauty education, Marinello Schools of Beauty is the place to get it from!
About our campus
Marinello Schools of Beauty is a premier beauty school in Portland. We’re conveniently located on NE Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard south of NE Knott Street and are easily accessible for students coming from various parts of the city and state.
What makes Marinello Schools of Beauty the preferred school of aspiring beauty professionals? Undoutedly, our vast experience and world class curriculum, but also our expert faculty and unique training technique.
Called the Marinello Method, our educational system goes beyond theory and classroom and takes our students into the real world to practice the skills and techniques they’ve learned on real people. Our student campus clinic, on site and international competitions, special events, and community initiatives are an effort in that direction.
At the end of it, we hope to have our students make their place in the professional beauty community of Portland and the rest of Oregon. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Oregon employs about 3,680 cosmetologists, hairdressers and hair stylists and that’s the number we hope to grow.
With its vibrant entertainment and performing arts scene, Portland also presents incredible work opportunities for beauty professionals looking to break into the glamour industry.
Schedule a visit to our campus and begin a new chapter of your life!
2540 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97212
Phone: (503) 525-0200
Toll Free Phone:(800) 648-3413
Programs we offer
The following training programs are available at our beauty school in Portland. These programs are designed for students interested in starting a career as cosmetologists, estheticians, manicurists or hair designers.
- Cosmetology: Students enrolled in this program receive practical training and technical instruction in haircutting, hairstyling, hair coloring, texturizing, skin care, makeup, nail care, salon management and state board training.
- Esthetics (Skin Care): This program provides practical training and technical instruction in various aspects of esthetics including skin analysis, facials, hair removal, exfoliation, make-up, salon management and state board training.
- Hair Design: Students enrolled in this program will learn the art and science of hair design. The program will provide practical hands-on training and technical instruction in haircutting, hairstyling, hair coloring, scalp treatment and salon management.
- Nail Technology: Students will learn both technical classroom instruction in the science of nail technology and applied effort for practical operations. The course covers training in the anatomy, physiology and pathology of nails and skin; nail beauty techniques; and professional nail products and their uses.
Student Salon and Spa Hours
- Tuesday10:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Wednesday10:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Thursday10:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Friday10:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Saturday10:00 am – 10:30 pm
A Message from the School Director
The Marinello Schools of Beauty - Portland campus faculty and staff provide the most innovative education and training to all future beauty industry professionals in the Portland Metropolitan area. Our campus allows students not only work consistently with the public and experience hands-on learning, but they are also given the opportunity to work with instructors that are knowledgeable in the beauty industry. Our goal is to teach our students to become professional stylists after graduation. In addition, our students are able to practice State Board testing on a weekly basis so that they are confident when going to their exam. Our students are trained to start successful careers as top stylists, estheticians and licensed professionals in the beauty industry.