- About the Programs
- MARINELLO AND YOU
MARINELLO SCHOOLS OF BEAUTY
ANNUAL RAW TALENT
OPEN TO HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR STUDENTS
Year after year Marinello Schools of Beauty shines the spotlight on future beauty professionals through its Annual Raw Talent Scholarship Competition. Enter our 5th Annual Raw Talent Scholarship Competition for an opportunity at a Marinello education so you can pursue your dream career in the beauty industry!
HOW TO ENTER
IT'S EASY AS 1-2-3
1 Write an essay entitled, "Beauty as a Career: How I Can Make a Difference in the Beauty and Wellness Industry."
2 Join the hands-on competition at a campus near you.
3 Start your career in the beauty industry at Marinello Schools of Beauty!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
PART 1: Essay
- The essay must be typed on one side of an 8-1/2 x 11 or A4 white paper and must be 2 pages long. It needs to be double-spaced with a font size of 11 or 12 and a font style of Times New Roman.
- Your full name, the name of your high school, and the Marinello campus in which you wish to enroll must appear either at the top of the first page or bottom of the second page.
- Your entry must be original, in English and unpublished at the time of submission. Marinello Schools of Beauty retains one-time publication rights to all winning entries in each category to be published on their website and released to the media. Any piece posted online, anywhere other than a personal blog, is considered published.
- If you are submitting your entry via regular mail, you must first fill out the online application here, and then print and attach it to your essay. Entries must be postmarked by April 22, 2013, Midnight Pacific Standard time. Address it to:Marinello Schools of Beauty-Corporate ATTN: Scholarship Committee12449 Putnam St. Whittier, CA 90602
- If you are submitting your entry online, fill out the application here and attach your essay in a Microsoft Word document. Entries must be received by April 22, 2013, Midnight Pacific Standard time.
Essays not conforming to the above requirements will be disqualified.
PART 2: Hands-On Competition
- Applicants interested in our Cosmetology program will be asked to perform a formal updo hairstyle appropriate for weddings, proms, or special events.
- Applicants interested in our Esthetics (Skin Care) program will be asked to perform full makeup on a model.
- Applicants must bring their own model.
- Before and after photos of the model will be taken by the Marinello School Director or an appointed staff member. For judging purposes, various angles of the model will be taken to showcase the works of the candidate.For the updo hairstyle, “before” and “after” shots will be taken of the following angles: 1. Front 2. Right side 3. Left side 4. Back 5. Top For makeup, “before” and “after” shots will be taken of the following angles: 1. Front 2. Right side 3. Left side
Applicants are encouraged to tour the campus and bring family and friends during or prior to the day of the hands-on competition. Marinello Schools of Beauty retains one-time publication rights to all winning entries, both essays and photos of the hands-on competition, to be published on their website and released to the media. Competitions will be scheduled at a Marinello campus near you between April 8-19, 2013. Call your local campus to inquire or check back soon for the complete schedule.