- About the Programs
- MARINELLO AND YOU
Raw Talent High School Scholarship Awards
Marinello Schools of Beauty is excited to offer an exciting opportunity for students with raw talent who desire professional skills training to enter the beauty and wellness industry. We encourage high school seniors to enter our fun and exciting Raw Talent Scholarship Competition as an opportunity to earn a Marinello education so they can pursue their dream career in the beauty industry! Click here to apply.
RAW TALENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
A total of twenty-three (23) scholarships will be awarded as follows:
For the Southern California Marinello campuses there will be nine (9) awards:
- Two 1st place scholarships for $10,000 each.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place scholarships for $5,000 each.
- 6th, 7th and 8th place winners will receive three one-day professional beauty and wellness workshops including Bridal Makeup, Sunless Tanning and Airbrush Tattoo valued at over $1000 total.
For the Northern California Marinello campuses there will be five (5) awards:
- One 1st place scholarships for $10,000
- One 2nd place scholarship for $5,000.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th place winners will receive three one-day professional beauty and wellness workshops including Bridal Makeup, Sunless Tanning and Airbrush Tattoo valued at over $1000 total.
HOW TO ENTER
Candidates will be required to submit an essay targeting how they are going to make a difference in the beauty and wellness industry “as a career” with an emphasis on “What will I do to make a difference?” The essay will be graded by the High School Scholarship Committee who will evaluate the essay based on content, creativity, spelling, syntax and grammar. The following process and rules will apply to enable the Scholarship Committee to consider the winners:
RULES AND REGULATIONS
PART 1: Essay
- Your essay needs to be double-spaced with a font size of 11 or 12 and a font style of Times New Roman.
- Your full name, the name of your high school, and the Marinello campus location you would like to attend if you should win the Raw Talent Scholarship Competition at the top or bottom of the essay.
- Your entry must be original, in English and unpublished at the time of submission. Marinello Schools of Beauty retains one-time publication rights to all winning entries in each category to be published on the Marinello website and released to the media. Any piece posted online, anywhere other than a personal blog, is considered published.
- If you are submitting your entry via regular mail, you must first fill out the Marinello Raw Talent application online here, and then print and attach it to your essay. Entries must be postmarked by April 28, 2014, Midnight Pacific Standard time. Address it to:Marinello Schools of Beauty-Corporate ATTN: Scholarship Committee12449 Putnam St. Whittier, CA 90602
- If you are submitting your entry online, fill out the Marinello Raw Talent application here and attach your essay in a Microsoft Word document. Entries must be received by May 12, 2014, Midnight Pacific Standard time.
If emailed, the essay will be due to Education Coordinator Elizabeth Garcia at Elizabeth.Garcia@marinello.com with a subject line of Scholarship Committee and an attached Raw Talent application (application available online at marinello.com/highschoolscholarship), with a timestamp no later than midnight, Pacific Time of April 28, 2014.
*Essays not conforming to the above requirements will be disqualified.
PART 2: Hands-On Competition
- Competition is scheduled to begin April 7, 2014 and run through April 25, 2014. (The specific competition day is the choice of the School Director.)
- Candidates interested in the Cosmetology program will be performing formal “updo” hairstyles-Wedding/Prom/Special Events on a live model.
- Candidates interested in the Esthetics (Skin Care) program will perform makeup application on a live model.
- Before and after photos of the model will be taken by the Marinello School Director or appointed personnel. For judging purposes, various angles of the model will be taken to showcase the work of the applicant.
- Judging is based on the photographs and will only be on the final look, not the process. Model releases are required. The before and after photographs, and the graded essays will be reviewed and judged by the Scholarship Committee to determine awards.
- Essay and photos become property of Marinello Schools of Beauty and will not be returned to the applicant. Marinello retains publication right to all winning entries, both essays and photos of the hands-on competitions, to be published on the Marinello website and released to the media.
- All competition participants are encouraged to bring friends and family to the campus for a tour and services. Tours and services can be conducted prior to, or on the same day of, the competition.
** Scholarship WINNERS will be announced 30 days after the completion of the competition. Winners who accept the Raw Talent scholarship must start a program by September 2014 or the scholarship/workshop will be voided. Scholarship and prizes may not be transferred to any other college, university, vocational training program, or to cash. The scholarship will be awarded upon successful completion of the Marinello program that the student attends. The scholarship becomes null and void if the student drops or does not maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), attendance, or any other criteria required of Marinello students