Duration: 80 hrs. (10 days), 9:00am-5:30pm : Saturdays and Mondays
Prerequisite: Master Esthetician License in the State of Utah
Tuition Investment: $ 2,500.00
Location: Marinello Schools of Beauty – Layton (Utah)
This medical esthetics program is available for estheticians seeking to advance their professional status. This program will train students in skin rejuvenation techniques and laser hair removal through classroom instruction on skin pathology, anatomy and interactions. Students receive hands on training working directly with the laser to treat various skin conditions and hair removal. In this course you will understand how to use all types of cosmetic lasers. Theory will include career employment information including: professional ethics, effective communication, human relations and the fundamentals of business management.
Esthetic laser training is for professionals who enjoy:
• Helping others to look and feel their best
• Working with state-of-the-art Palomar laser equipment
• Building one on one relationships
• Expanding their skills
• Increasing their financial and professional status
Career Opportunities: In addition to the wide variety of services and opportunities one can offer as a Master Esthetician, you will now be able to enter the exciting field of Medical Esthetics. As the popularity of skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal grows, the need for certified laser technicians grows as well. In an exploding marketplace, this enables you to offer a variety of laser services under the care of a physician.
It is the goal of Marinello Schools of Beauty to ensure that graduates will:
• Learn hands on laser skin rejuvenation (vascular and pigmented lesions, rosacea, sun damage and spider veins), skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, acne and varicose vein treatment and hair removal
• Be able to perform the skills necessary to become marketable in the cosmetology industry or a related field
• Learn about laser history, laser classification, laser physiology and tissue interaction; Laser parameters such as wavelengths, pulse duration, spot size, and optical energy
• Learn all aspects of laser safety, preventative measures, requirements and regulative entities for laser safety: as well as pre and post treatment instruction, laser treatment contraindications and side effects
• Learn how to prepare for treatment including the use of safety goggles, how to do a spot test and to prevent adverse reactions
• Learn of the different laser and light based systems on the market today such as: CO2, Erbium, Yag, Alexandrite, Pulsed Dye laser, Plasma, Fractional, IPL, LED’s, Radiofrequency and Q-Switched
• Learn to understand patient/client selection, client education, client forms and the documentation required
• Learn about laser hair removal, hair anatomy, hair growth cycles and laser parameters for hair reduction
• Practice proper grooming and effective communication skills
• Exhibit professionalism and good work ethic
Graduation Requirements: Completion of training including all practical operations, all technical instruction and all tests with a score of 80% or above. All tuition, fees and charges must be paid in full prior to the release of final documents, including diploma and transcripts.
VIEW DATES AND LOCATIONS
Call 866-622-0355 or
Request More Information.