Master Esthetician License in the State of Utah
Are you a licensed esthetics professional looking to expand your skills with new techniques to help others to look and feel their best? Would you like to increase your professional status – And possibly you financial status as well! – working with modern Palomar laser equipment?
Our 10-day medical esthetics program offers advanced hands-on training working directly with cosmetic laser technology to treat various skin conditions. Students will learn skin rejuvenation techniques through classroom instruction on skin pathology and anatomy, as well as the operation and maintenance of different commonly-used cosmetic laser machines. The theory portion of our Laser Certification course also includes instruction in valuable career skills such as: effective communication, human relations and the fundamentals of beauty salon management.
Career Opportunities: This program will help you capitalize on the services and opportunities you already offer as a Master Esthetician with new, certified skills in the growing field of Medical Esthetics. As the popularity of skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal grows, the need for certified laser technicians grows as well. In an exploding marketplace, our laser certification enables you to offer a variety of laser services under the care of a physician.
It is the goal of Marinello Schools of Beauty to ensure that graduates will:
• Learn hands-on laser skin rejuvenation (vascular and pigmented lesions, rosacea, sun damage and spider veins), skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, acne and varicose vein treatment and hair removal
• Be able to perform the skills to become marketable in the cosmetology industry or a related field
• Learn about laser history, laser classification, laser physiology and tissue interaction
• Learn laser parameters such as wavelengths, pulse duration, spot size, and optical energy
• Learn all aspects of laser safety, preventative measures, requirements and regulative entities for laser safety, as well as pre and post treatment instruction, laser treatment contraindications and side effects
• Learn how to prepare for treatment including the use of safety goggles, how to do a spot test and how to prevent adverse reactions
• Learn of the different laser and light based systems on the market today such as: CO2, Erbium, Yag, Alexandrite, Pulsed Dye laser, Plasma, Fractional, IPL, LEDs, Radiofrequency and Q-Switched
• Learn to understand patient/client selection, client education, client forms and the documentation required
• Learn about laser hair removal, hair anatomy, hair growth cycles and laser parameters for hair reduction
• Practice proper grooming and effective communication skills
• Exhibit professionalism and good work ethic
Graduation Requirements: Completion of training including all practical operations, all technical instruction and all tests with a score of 80% or above. All tuition, fees and charges must be paid in full prior to the release of final documents, including diploma and transcripts.
*Available at the Layton, Ogden and Provo, Utah campuses only.
VIEW DATES AND LOCATIONS