Applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States are considered international students.*

All international students interested in studying with Marinello will need to apply for the M-1 Visa. In support of your application for an M-1 Visa, Marinello is authorized to issue a Form I-20. You must successfully complete all of the following steps in order to enter the United States to begin studies with Marinello.

Step 1: Apply to Marinello

After you speak with an International Admissions Advisor and decide on the program you want to enroll in, you will fill out the application and submit the necessary documentation to process your Form I-20.

Step 2: Obtain the Form I-20 from Marinello

Once your application is complete, Marinello will issue the initial attendance I-20 through SEVIS. The I-20 will be mailed to your international home address.

Step 3: Pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee

The Department of Homeland Security has implemented a $200.00 SEVIS I-901 Fee. Please be advised that Marinello is not involved in the administration of this fee. It is your responsibility to make this fee payment directly to SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program). For more information regarding this fee, you may visit https://www.fmjfee.com/.


After you receive your I-20 and pay the SEVIS fee, you will need to visit the US Embassy/Consulate in your home country to apply for and obtain the M-1 Visa.

Step 5: Arrive in the US through the Port of Entry

Upon arrival in the US, you will need to be approved for entry into the United States through the Port of Entry. To be approved, you must possess a valid M-1 Visa, Form I-20 and passport.

Step 6: Begin Studying at Marinello

Once you’ve arrived in the United States, you will check into the campus you will be attending, go through orientation and begin your studies.

*Please note: International Student applicants fall into three categories:

  • International Students - students who currently reside outside the United States
  • Change of Status Students - prospective students who are currently in the United States on a visa type other than an M-1 Student Visa
  • Transfer Students - students studying at another school on an M-1 visa who wish to transfer to Marinello

The application process, as outlined above, will be slightly different if you are a Change of Status or Transfer student.

For further information on the M-1 Student Visa, please visit:

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website: www.uscis.gov

The U.S. Department of State website www.state.gov

By clicking the submit button below, I am providing my signature and consent to be called, and text by or on behalf of Marinello via autodialer or prerecorded voice at the number(s) above. I understand I am not required to provide this consent to make a purchase from Marinello.
The National Accrediting Commission of
Career Arts & Sciences, Inc.
Copyright © 2004-2015 B&H Education Inc.