When you attend Marinello Schools of Beauty, you can count on Career Services being there from the day you enroll until the day you graduate and beyond. Marinello knows that your education is the first part of the journey.
Without the right education, it would be near impossible to realize a dream career in the beauty industry.
What Is Career Services All About?
Just think of our Career Services department as a dedicated tool that is there to help you make the most of your Marinello education. Your time at Marinello will go quick, but you have plenty of time to educate yourself about every available resource offered.
Here’s what you can expect from Career Services:
- Involvement in workshops that include mock interviews. Mock interviews are extremely helpful because they can help prepare you for the real thing. You can get tips and pointers on how to dress, anticipate and answer questions, the proper handshake, eye contact and body language. Career Services will also work hard to help you improve your cover letter and resume, and develop a complete job-search process.
- Help in developing effective customer service skills. Career Services will help you develop your ability to communicate and engage with your clients. Your salon and customer services skills are equally important for your success. You learn how to make your services enjoyable for your clients.
- Help in putting together an impressive portfolio. Your professional portfolio can be one of the most important pieces of your professional presentation. Your portfolio is a visible example of your work over time, and demonstrates what you have learned. It can easily show others at a glance what you do.
Here are a few tips on how to put together an awesome cosmetology portfolio:
- Variety, Variety, Variety– You want your portfolio to be eye-popping. Make an impact to showcase your skills and creativity to potential clients or employers. It is a good idea to start taking photos while enrolled in your program. This way, evidence of your skills will be readily available.
- Hire a Photographer – This does not mean you have to hire the most expensive photographer around. There are good photographers willing to work within your budget. Make sure your pictures have high resolution and good lighting. Make it a point to take quality pictures if you cannot afford a photographer.
- Buy a Scrapbook or Binder – The choice of cardstock is up to you. There are numerous ways you can make your portfolio enticing using tabs, pens, dividers or notecards. The professionals and alums at Marinello are glad to help with suggestions and ideas.
- Get Your Portfolio Online – If it is possible, place your portfolio online. This can help make your portfolio are more accessible and visible to interested employers. Include an attractive photo gallery with high-quality images and short, concise descriptions of your work.
- Update Your Portfolio Periodically – As you know, styles and trends constantly change. Keep your portfolio up-to-date with industry changes. Clients will be happy to know that you can cut any style of hair.
No matter what your program at Marinello, there are dedicated Career Services people who can help you take your dreams of success to the next level. Get the tips and tools you need to succeed.
Contact Marinello today to find a cosemotology school located near you. Call today at 888-434-6989.